Coilover question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilover question

Ok so i can get coils for the front and rear.

Front is pretty much ready to go, so i wont get into that

But the rear ( 2.25 ID springs) Needs perches. Im not sure where to get them.

If they cst too much ill have to pass.

Anyway, experiences/ tips? Id love to switch to coils.

And this is for my e30

Flickr

Did some research, i think i can make it work

Flickr

Comment

Pics?

Is this a coilover conversion I am guessing?

Comment

Call up GC and ask how much they want for just the rear perches. I'd assume not much at all.

Comment

Yeah, a conversion. heres what i've pieced together so far

Eibach springs, 2.5 ID front, 2.25 rear.

Ireland engineering front perches, then for the rear Irelands bushings ( no adjustability in the rear, only downside)

The other thing E30idea on r3v tossed out as well as some others are ebay perches which are dirt cheap. there arent any up at the moment, but those might get me adjustability back in the rear.

At least at first, im not going to slam it to much, The bilstein sports will be on bumpstops not long after your tucking tire.

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
          Call up GC and ask how much they want for just the rear perches. I'd assume not much at all.
          Yeah ill try that out, IEs setup is still around 50$, so there might not be much of a difference

Flickr

Comment

If you know what drop you're looking for, just spec that spring and run no perch for now, until you can afford one?

Comment

Possibly. I wanna see what GC says, and see what the fleabay perches look like in terms of quality. Im also weighing my shock options, as im currently on unmolested Billy sports.

Maybe some of you can chime in here, but it sounds like I may bottom out on these if i go too much lower than i am already. Then again, AlpineE30M52 on r3v just has revalved ones, and has got to be at least a full inch below where i'm at.

Flickr

Comment

You're talking about the updated rear shock mounts right? That have a 2.25" coil perch?

Do you have access to a lathe? I made these for my car (still not in use yet):

I just need to make bushings now.

/thread jack

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Holy wow.

Comment

No, but holy reinforcement batman. Nice work.

Im refering to the rear options of keeping the 2.25 ID spring in the rear, whether to just use the srping and bushings, or ebay perches.

GC says they dont sell just hardware, so i may have to get a cheap universla kit and throw away the shit springs, or wait untill the perches only show up on fleabay again.

Flickr

Comment

So you just need adapters (or plates) to accept 2.25" springs?

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

Yep, in the rear. And possibly the front, i havent bought either yet

Flickr

Comment

As you can see... I can cut things on the lathe. What would these pieces cost you if you purchased them? I might be able to make something.

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

Well the cheap ebay ones are about 30$ but id be willing to pay more for ones that wound fit snugly, the ebay ones are more or less universal. I can look around and fint more info though if you like

Flickr

Comment

are they literally a flat disc with a protrusion that centers the 2.25" coil?

Mr. Belvedere

Comment

Working...
                              X