How long do your tires last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do your tires last?

With as much camber some of you guys are running, how long do your tires last? Do you just rotate them once there is too much wear on one side too get more life out of them?

Tire wear depends mainly on the toe of your car. My rear camber is way more than the front but the fronts wear faster because of the toe of the car...

Either way, rears have about 8k miles on them and are good for another 4 at least I'd say. The fronts went in about 7k. We're talkin Fuzion ZRi's here so tire wear isn't really too much of an issue...
    Eatin' Babies

Comment

I've had my tires for about 6 months and they are completely shot. Not sure how many miles, probably 5-6k

Comment

Idk about miles, but i had my T1Rs last about 4 months... completly bald

Comment

4k and I'm at the wear bars.

Comment

Shit dudes, 4-6k miles? I drive that much in just a couple of months. Is it possible to be slammed and run a very little amount of camber, if any at all? What's making them wear so fast?

Comment

This much camber:

Comment

-3* front

-3.5* rear

Comment

Originally posted by DaRedRocket View Post
                  Tire wear depends mainly on the toe of your car. My rear camber is way more than the front but the fronts wear faster because of the toe of the car...

Either way, rears have about 8k miles on them and are good for another 4 at least I'd say. The fronts went in about 7k. We're talkin Fuzion ZRi's here so tire wear isn't really too much of an issue...
                  Correct! Toe is the tire killer! When you combine aggressive camber and then scrub that camber with toe in you really KILL a tire.

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                  This much camber:

It is not the camber 100%. Where is your rear toe at? I bet it is quite a bit, definitely so if your getting 4K out of a set. That is why I went to the setup that I did. I am not about to waste that kind of money on tires. Even with Fuzion's @ 80-100 a tire that is a lot of money wasted. Proper alignment and you can see ~20-30K out of them depending on driving style.

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                  -3* front

-3.5* rear

Swap that around.

E36 wants more camber up front.

Wait nevermind. That's for tracking...

Comment

[QUOTE

Wait nevermind. That's for tracking...

[/QUOTE]

We dont discuss the "T" word here...
                    it makes for argument...

Comment

Most of my friends track. I just have no desire.

Comment

I track.

Comment

It may start a debate but a track event pwns all the stancing in the world combined

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                            It may start a debate but a track event pwns all the stancing in the world combined
                            While this is blasphemous I would have to agree...

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                              Just depends what you're in to.

I can't figure out why you even come here. Its a site devoted to STANCE.

Comment

Working...
                              X