This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel fitment, could use advice from e30 owners

Im about to order some wheels for my e30 next week. Ive been doing a lot of reading and research and i think i know what size to get. But, the wheels are pretty expensive and take 6-8 weeks to be made. so i wanted to run this by some fellow e30 owners and see what everyone thinks.

1990 325i (stock brakes)
    I will also be slamming it pretty low at the same time (static, not bags). here are the wheel specs

15x9 +10

any advice you guys have would be awesome.
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

15'' is too small in my book, very hard to pull off, you will be very very very low.
    If i where you, i would get 16''s at least.
    -I don't own an e30, but from my reading 9'' wide and et of 10 will be perfect with some camber.
    You can always go on http://felgen-garage.de/ And go under BMW show cars, and watch those cars, study there et and fitments. You can see the first black e30, click on it and be amazed!
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

awesome, i'll check that link out

Comment

15's look like shit on any e30. id really consider a 16" wheel.

Comment

Oh, forgot to add. You can change it to English there.
          -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

i was going back and forth between 15 and 16. havent totally decided yet.

Comment

Like Zic said, go with 16's.
              My brother is running a 16x9 et10 with 225/40's in the rear of his e30 and he still needs about a 15mm spacer to sit relatively flush.

Here's a pic for reference:

Comment

Originally posted by boligrafo123 View Post
                Like Zic said, go with 16's.
                My brother is running a 16x9 et10 with 225/40's in the rear of his e30 and he still needs about a 15mm spacer to sit relatively flush.

Here's a pic for reference:

so if i went with et 0, it would be flush without spacers? or i could go with 10 width and keep the +10. but then Id have to worry about the rubbing on the suspension with the extra witdh

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                  so if i went with et 0, it would be flush without spacers? or i could go with 10 width and keep the +10. but then Id have to worry about the rubbing on the suspension with the extra witdh
                  I've seen a 16x10 -12 with a 215/45 on the rear of an e30 and thought it looked awesome with all the poke.
                  A 16x9 with a 0 offset would probably sit flush with minimal (negative) camber and less stretch. It really depends on how much poke/stretch/camber you are willing to run.
                  Do you have any pics of an e30 with the fitment you're after?

Comment

Originally posted by boligrafo123 View Post
                    I've seen a 16x10 -12 with a 215/45 on the rear of an e30 and thought it looked awesome with all the poke.
                    A 16x9 with a 0 offset would probably sit flush with minimal (negative) camber and less stretch. It really depends on how much poke/stretch/camber you are willing to run.
                    Do you have any pics of an e30 with the fitment you're after?
                    I dont want huge amounts of poke, if the edge of the wheel is out slightly thats good for me. I have a local guy willing to do the stretch for me. the stretch and camber is all related to what i need to do to have the proper fit. I'll run camber, but the car needs to be streetable. know what i mean? I'll pull some pics from the e30 thread

Comment

15x9 et1 all round
                      195 50 15

15x8 et 15
                      15x9 et 1
                      195 50 15
                      standard suspension

top one is ideal, but i was surprised at how the bottom one looks on standard suspension

Comment

He is on 17''x8,5'' and 10''
                        -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

hmmmmm all this time i was thinking they were on 16s. time to rethink this shit

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post

15"

17"

16" front 17" rear, he is a member here.
                            15's are too small. 16" is prime. 17's can be pulled off, anything bigger is stupid.

Comment

I definately dont want bigger lol. I'll most likely be going with 16s after this new info has been brought to my attention.

16x9 et0?
                              16x10 et0?
                              or run a staggered set. 10 in the rear, 9 in front. 0 on both?
                              since that one pic of 16x9 +10 was more sunken than i want.

Since the wheels are custom made, i want to avoid the need for spacers.

Comment

Working...
                              X