71 Four Door Datsun 510

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71 Four Door Datsun 510

Hello! First off, my names Raph. You might remember me from my old 69 510 build thread:

Build threads here >>>>>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8894

I have since sold my old 69 as a shell and stripped it of all its goodies and bought a straighter, yet still rusty 71 four door. My goal was to pretty much turn the new four door into the old four door. When I first bought the 71, it had a single cam ka, horrible interior with no back seat or carper, cut springs in the rear and blown shocks all around, and hideous drag wheels. Now it has:
    14x7 SSR Longchamps
    1 inch spacers in the rear and 5mm in the front
    T3 Coilovers in the rear
    Groundcontrol coils up front with MR2 inserts
    200sx Vented brakes
    Camber plates
    Bumpsteer spacers
    Front sway bar
    Dual cam
    KA24DE
    OBX Header
    CAI
    full 2 1/2in exhaust with a somewhat quieter turbo muffler
    Datsun 510 rear spoiler

Parts that i still need to put on:
    Poly Bushings kit
    Rear sway bar
    rear brakes
    new ball joints
    Front bre spook

My goal is to take it to JCCS this year, and still has some stuff that need to be done to make the extra long trip. Still would like to replace the tie rods and get an alignment after i install all my bushings and control arms. Body work and paint is in its near future. Alright, on to the pics! (Sorry for the horrible Iphone pics)

Old Vs. New:
    sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1378227303

I love datsuns
    It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Your old Datsun is such an inspiration to me. Obviously not to my car... but to me. IT WAS LIKE MY FAVORITE. Can't wait to see how this one comes along! Looks great already.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Oh my god how the hell have I never seen your 510 before?!? Beautiful cars man

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

I almost purchased your car back when it was first for sale! Absolutely love the old one and the new one too. Hopefully I'll see you at some shows, and if you ever want a shoot I'm just over in Kirkland.

Keep it up man!

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

Thanks for the love guys! Here's a shitty interior and engine bay shot to hold you off until I snap some better ones.

Comment

This car.

I love it. I actually think I have a picture of your car saved on my computer somewhere.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Again, you've managed to make one of my favorite 510s.

Looks so good!

Comment

It's beautiful.
                  I'll see you at jccs!

Comment

So glad you didn't change anything, I don't know how you could make it any better honestly

Comment

So.Much.Good. Love 510s. This adds to that affinity.
                      "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

I gotta ask being in WA too. How much was it. I'm looking to get rid of my bug this summer and would love one to start work on.

Comment

All I have to say is.... F*** YEAH!!!
                          Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Are you hanging up traffic there in the third side.shot.tuck.picture hahah? Your 510 was my favorite car back then!

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                              I gotta ask being in WA too. How much was it. I'm looking to get rid of my bug this summer and would love one to start work on.
                              I pretty much stole mine. traded for a V6 510 i got for extra cheap. But it sold for 3500 i think before i got it.
                              Originally posted by jrc View Post
                              Are you hanging up traffic there in the third side.shot.tuck.picture hahah? Your 510 was my favorite car back then!
                              Haha no they were parked. and thanks!

So this is what is currently happening. I started taking out my control arms, t/c rods, and idler arm to replace bushings and ball joints tonight and will finish up tomorrow. Snapped a few pics so you can see what im workin with.

Old Vs. New:

Bent LCA:

Hopefully ill be able to get tie rods and swap those out tomorrow as well. If not ill have to do them this weekend. Im excited to get this thing aligned to see the difference replacing these will make!!

Comment

Working...
                              X