Comment

Originally posted by Z33_Taxi View Post
      Maybe I should get a 740
      #WhatTheFuckisDrifftDrafftGarage
      @DrifftDrafftGarage

Comment

Maybe I should get a 740
        It's changed several people's perspective on them... and it's still almost all original.
        '88 Volvo 745 Turbo
        Instagram @Andy_Wilder

Comment

This build may be taking a slight turn. Not too long ago a set of very rare OE wheels came up for sale (a set of wheels I have been wanting for years) and the price was so right, so I decided that I would pick them up and see what I could do with them. I know this contradicts what I had planned with the other wheels that I had been preparing to install (they still may, my decisions are rarely permanent), but for now these are the new hotness for the car.

So, without further adieu...

Volvo Polaris wheels in 17x7 with et20 offset.

*Photobucket deleted the pic that I used to have here. Will take a random pic of the wheels in the future*

Just need some wheel cleaner and they'll be ready to go on. Next update will be a mega update, so stay tuned...
          Last edited by fortbrick; 07-16-2015, 10:19 AM.
          '88 Volvo 745 Turbo
          Instagram @Andy_Wilder

Comment

OMG POLARIS WHEELS.HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
            1968 1600SP Beetle build thread

Comment

My wagon was hit this morning by a deer.

So here is where the project takes a pause for a while until I can find the parts needed to get her back to being pretty. I'm hoping that it fares well with the insurance company, considering that there are honestly only a handful that were as nice as it left in the states.

The core support definitely looks pushed in to me. I'm afraid to open the hood and see what lies beneath. It did drive home just fine afterwards for a good 5 miles or so, so it can't be that bad I'm hoping. It definitely needs a new hood, grille, driver side headlight, and passenger side corner light. I'm not sure about anything else up front. Both fenders have small dents and bulges from the impact that I'm hoping can be removed. I'd like to only have to repaint a new hood.

Now, for the slightly hard to see pictures. I'll add more once disassembly begins.

And a comparison to February of 2012 when less than half a mile away a similar thing happened to my sedan, which I also fixed. This gives me hope that this time things will be easier.

That license plate will last forever, though. No doubt.
              Last edited by fortbrick; 07-16-2015, 10:19 AM.
              '88 Volvo 745 Turbo
              Instagram @Andy_Wilder

Comment

O man that sucks,but it looks like it fared way better than your sedan.

Comment

O man that sucks,but it looks like it fared way better than your sedan.
                  It's definitely fixable. Got a new grille, headlight, and a set of corner lights that will make it look better than it did before. Core support needs replaced and both fenders will definitely need work if I want to keep them. Need to track down a hood and other small things still.
                  '88 Volvo 745 Turbo
                  Instagram @Andy_Wilder

Comment

In these last two weeks a lot of looking and waiting had to be done, and it took quite a bit of patience... but I am happy to say that I now have everything that will be needed to get the wagon fixed and looking better than ever.

Being that my other car, an '89 744, is still waiting to be worked in at the body shop to have some rust issues taken care of and be painted, I needed to find a car to drive around until sometime next month when the wagon is finished. I looked around at the local craigslist listings for something cheap and easy to fix if it were to break to no avail, and then I stumbled across a nice looking car within a reasonable driving distance.

I decided to take a miniature road trip to Garden City, Michigan with a couple good friends and see if we could buy a car.

So here it is, another 1988 745ti with m46 trans. It's a little rough around the edges but it'll get me from point a to b in the meantime.

And here is where the wagon is currently. It doesn't look that bad now that it is mostly taken apart. Hoping to get it into the shop later this week.

Last edited by fortbrick; 07-16-2015, 10:20 AM.
                    '88 Volvo 745 Turbo
                    Instagram @Andy_Wilder

Comment

You sir have a talent for finding these cars! Down here(SE Georgia), they are so hard to come by it seems.

Comment

Where do you find all these sick turbo wagons?! Saying I'm jealous would be an understatement.
                        2011 Subaru WRX Sedan

Comment

I'm glad to see you getting back on the road in another Volvo wagon

Comment

LOVE this thread!
                            "Dont let the opinions of the average man sway you.
                            Dream, and he thinks your crazy.
                            Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky.
                            Aquire wealth, and he thinks your greedy.
                            Pay no attention. He simply does'nt understand"

Comment

Originally posted by Darkyoshi154 View Post
                              You sir have a talent for finding these cars! Down here(SE Georgia), they are so hard to come by it seems.
                              They really are pretty scarce around here. A lot of finding this car was in the timing and scouring the internet for hours, but I'm willing to say that there was some luck involved... especially at the price I got it for.

Originally posted by xmax92xd View Post
                              Where do you find all these sick turbo wagons?! Saying I'm jealous would be an understatement.
                              I use the for sale section on my other forum, word of mouth, and searchtempest.com. It searches all of craigslist throughout the country for whatever you are looking for. The blue wagon will either be for sale or getting stripped for a lightweight track/auto-x/drift build after the silver wagon is returned.

I'm glad to see you getting back on the road in another Volvo wagon
                              Originally posted by willie@stance View Post
                              LOVE this thread!
                              Thanks guys. After driving my grandfather's Cadillac these past two weeks I am happy to be back in something that at least feels familiar.
                              '88 Volvo 745 Turbo
                              Instagram @Andy_Wilder

Comment

Today has been great.

I went to the junk yard this morning looking for some old Ford parts, and ended up bringing home some rare parts from a 740 that wasn't listed in the yards online catalog. Came home smiling with my new parts, and then discovered that a handful of boxes containing the last round of parts that I needed had finally arrived. Soon after I got a phone call from the man working on my wagon telling me that the initial body work had been finished, so I came by to have a look at it.

I'm overly impressed that the core support has been fixed, and it now looks nicer than it did beforehand. The front passenger fender had it's bulges and dents worked out with a little pdr, only leaving one small blemish that will be fixed when it goes in for paint. The small dent above the wheel arch on the driver's fender will be fixed when it's painted.

Installed the hood from my blue wagon and brought the car home to do some more disassembly to save some time in the long run.

Plus, I really missed driving it.

Should have the car back to the shop by the first for new paint, but we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by fortbrick; 07-16-2015, 10:20 AM.
                                '88 Volvo 745 Turbo
                                Instagram @Andy_Wilder

Comment

Working...
                                X